Sunday Bible Class – 9:15 A.M.Our Sunday morning Bible study class will begin a new study of 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John. In his introduction to 1 John, Pastor Eugene Peterson comments, “The two most difficult things to get straight in life are love and God.” “The basic and biblical Christian conviction is that the two subjects are intricately related. If we want to deal with God the right way, we have to learn to love the right way. If we want to love the right way, we have to deal with God the right way. God and love can’t be separated.” The Message, p. 1686. John himself says it this way in 1 John 4:16 – “God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.” If you have been away from group Bible study, this is a great opportunity and a great book to use as an opportunity to return. Our sessions are neither lecture nor “you tell me” but are biblically guided discussions that garner insightful questions into the workings of God in our lives. Wednesday Bible Class – The Great Sending continues from the fall and will be offered at 3:00 P.M. beginning October5 – November 16. Interested in our basic introductory course on the Christian faith, Life with God? Pastor Michael is happy to arrange to teach it at a time that is convenient for those interested. Please let him know–his email is email@example.com and his cell is 407-353-8420. Let’s keep growing in Christian knowledge! Widows’ Support Group Judy Lewis, our resident counselor in our congregation, is offering a “A Widows’ Support Group”. The meetings take place at the church. Also, if you know of others outside of our congregation who might benefit from such a group, please feel free to extend an invitation to them to attend. For more information, you may contact Judy at 810-599-5188 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Chances to study with us are as follows:
- Sunday mornings; 9:15 – 10:15 a.m. – Bible study
- Sunday School offers age appropriate instruction for children.
- Sunday Church service; 10:30 a.m. Scripture, message, hymns and liturgy combine to communicate God’s Word to worshipers in today’s context.
- Wednesday Bible Study; 3:00 P.M.
- Christ Care meets the first and third Thursday afternoon of the month, 2 to 3:30 P.M. Led by head elder Van Bareither, the course offers mutual encouragement through Bible study, prayer, and fellowship.